14.6.09

I CAN ONLY GET ALONG WITH ONE PERSON AT A TIME

the person i picked for the calaveras journal thing (see below) is martin wall. his poems made me feel the most. the other poems were good and i feel like a dick. picking and judging are weird things. if you want to say hateful things in the comment thread, that will help us both. anyway, i will start posting videos of poems pretty soon (see this link for explanation). if you still want to read a poem from FROWNS NEED FRIENDS TOO, email me and i will send you one to read. then i'll post it here. i'll post the cover i made too. hopefully the publisher likes it. i used mario three colors. chex party mix is really good. it's like, every time i scoop out a handful and go to put it in my mouth, i go, "it's fucking party time." does anyone in chicago want to do readings? like, they don't have to be at an actual place. like, if you want me to come to your apartment and read, i'll do it. you can film it and i will do it. i can come into your roommate's room while s/he is sleeping and just start reading. wouldn't that be fun? i can hide in the fridge and when someone gets a drink i will just start reading. i will read while you take a shower. readings usually suck and are boring, so i think this could be cool. you can hit me with a belt while i am reading. or throw flour at me. you can spray me with champagne while i read. come on. don't be a pussy.

UPDATE: i put a really long interview with chris higgs on htmlgiant.

ANOTHER UPDATE: i just noticed i got some more ratings on GOODREADS. fuck man, a few more five star ratings and i'll be able to unlock the saphire sword and slay the golden dragon in the ice level! here's a review that actually made me happy.

by mike kleine:

I began reading a random page out loud and everyone in the room made faces. At first, they asked me if it was something I had written but then I replied with an amused "no," stating that it was a work from Sam Pink. Then, they asked me "who the fuck is Sam Pink?" I told them that "Sam Pink is a new author I'm trying out."

I read a couple more excerpts and every single friend (three of them in the room at the time) asked if they could borrow the book after me. I said yes but know I will never give it to them because I need to frame it above my headboard, after I video-tape my face so I can put that on a loop at the foot of my bed


sort of made me think for three seconds i wasn't a fucking loser (until i noticed i could actually smell my pubes through my pants, from not showering).

happy hannukah everyone!

14 comments:

Jordan Castro said...

i was going to read this assholes book, but since he didn't choose my poems i am going to use the pages of it as toilet paper and mail it to him along with a toe that may or may not be real.

[is this a good enough angry comment]?

p.s - sam is a girl's name.

sam pink said...

shit son, you slayed me. well done.

xTx said...

something about sam pink's mother is so fat...

and then a face punch to the nuts.

and then i make you watch ghostrider

nathantyree said...

I'm very angry that you didn't pick the poem that I never bothered to send to you. You should have loved it via a psychic connection and then written it down in blood.

knuckle down said...

i'm going to piggyback on nathan's comment (i didn't send you anything either) but with the added stipulation that it should be your mom's menstrual blood.

Katie said...

if you ever want to come through lincoln, nebraska which is 8 hours west of you i will have a big party with lots of homebrewed beer and a hookah and you can read for all my friends.

we're on the way to a lot of cooler places if that helps.

sam pink said...

xtx, gonna kill you.

nathan, why you such a pussy dude. shoulda sent some shit.

knuckle down, my mom's menstrual blood is the me that never happened. ps, gonna kill you.

katie, if i had a car i would come to nebraska and drink your beer and then sleep on the floor with my hands underneath my face and then wake up with numb hands and wonder where i am.

Martin Wall said...

good review. i have similar experience.

DJ Berndt said...

Sam Pink gone viral.

sam pink said...

what does viral mean? i have heard it a few times now.

DJ Berndt said...

Where's Ryan Manning when you need him?

nathantyree said...

"viral" has something to do with herpes, I think

jereme said...

i don't think any one any where has ever actually "needed" ryan manning.

** angry comment as requested

good job to martin

my secret word is "trees"

how mundane.

freefun0616 said...

酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店經紀,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店工作,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
專業酒店經紀,
合法酒店經紀,
酒店暑假打工,
酒店寒假打工,
酒店經紀人,
菲梵酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,
禮服酒店上班,
酒店小姐兼職,
便服酒店工作,
酒店打工經紀,
制服酒店經紀,
酒店經紀,

,