10.1.10

KETAMINE

the reading last night was cool. i read part of a grocery ad to begin. i don't think people liked it. then i read this poem:


APARTMENT

Every time I come home I stand in the doorway and say, "It's time for a monster to eat me now." Then it does.
When I go to bed and pull the covers open, I say, "It's time for a monster to eat me now." Then it does.
Every time I get out of bed I say, "It's time for a monster to eat me now." Then it does.
Every time I leave my home, I say, "It's time for a monster to eat me now." Then it does.


after i read it, i randomly said, "if anyone has any questions just let me know and i will handle them."

a girl with magenta hair said, "yeah, i have a question. that last one, is that like, literally what you mean."

i said, "yeah there are monsters in my apartment. it's terrible to be me."

i wasn't tryin to be an asshole.

then after another poem people clapped and when they stopped i said, "no, keep clapping."

THE SELF ESTEEM HOLOCAUST COMES HOME (six gallery press) will be out on or right around february 1st.

be a good boy or girl.

6 comments:

Molly Gaudry said...

happy new year, sam pink. i hope your 2010 is a lovely one.

Molly Gaudry said...

the year of no monsters, maybe

sam pink said...

the monster gets bigger and smaller. sometimes it is small enough to laugh at. sometimes big enough that dirt from one of its pores could cover me.

DJ Berndt said...

Those comments are good.

Socrates Adams-Florou said...

you should get a lead pipe and beat the monster to death with it. lead pipe is a funny jokey way of saying penis! not really!

sarah san said...

i liked that poem.
there are monsters everywhere
and they are hungry.