26.2.10

THE SELF-ESTEEM HOLOCAUST COMES HOME




THE SELF-ESTEEM HOLOCAUST COMES HOME is available now.


GOODREADS PAGE


i got a second proof and it looks fucking sweet.

(i am not lying this time.)

it's 300 pages of good-ass plays.

there are multiple versions of some plays and they all wind together somehow.

if you liked the ml press chapbook BE NICE TO EVERYONE, then you will like the book. BE NICE TO EVERYONE is in the book.

the end of the book is worth the price alone, i think.

people who read earlier drafts said it was like beckett.

one person said, "i didn't read it, sorry dude."

if you buy it, you can look forward to reading many awesome things.

i will have more copies soon to sell for cheaper than the amazon price.

i don't know anything about promotion except for trying to make the book good. but a lot of times people tell me they recommended my book to another person or other people and/or let those people borrow the book. so that is my promotion plan. if you like the book, tell someone else to read it or just let them read your copy. that seems cool.

if you write for a magazine email me for a review copy. (sampinkisalive@gmail.com)

in honor of the release, i have interviewed myself to get the real scoop:


me: how is book?

me: book is good. have funny things, have bad things, have sweet things. remind you of anyone?

me: ha ha. you are treasure. book make smiles?

me: yes, smiles on faces and money will appear in your pocket as you read.

me: fascinating. is book made of cocaine? tears?

me: whoa dude. book is made of dead relatives.

me: do you have future? die of AIDS maybe? cancer?

me: ha ha. we have to see maybe. anything is possible in america when the children are the future.

me: thanking you for your time

me: i am thanking you. always give me pleasure in my headhole.


also, john barrow helped me with layout and formatting. email him if you need help. he is the shit. give him money. dnbrwstr@gmail.com

12 comments:

pb said...

just bought from amazon.

jereme said...

damn man. i need to read your blog more often.

i approve of this book.

& remember i still get the movie rights.

you promised.

kelly schirmann said...

hugest high five EVER

Jordan Castro said...

good job

daniel bailey said...

just ordered. can't wait to get it.

sam pink said...

i can't wait until people get the book and realize it is just a copy of the script to "surf ninjas" with a different cover.

wordsforguns said...

Will copies be available at a non-amazon place of internet cash?

I hope it is the script to Surf Ninjas. I hope it has some kind of added scene for a cameo from The Fat Boys.

DJ Berndt said...

I'm excited to see the final version.

daniel bailey said...

the book just came in the mail.

it looks pretty sick. sick as in, "i want to take it back to the 1980's and skateboard all over it."

sam pink said...

i'm really sorry it costs eight hundred dollars. i will have some soon to sell for cheaper.

pb said...

I literally just opened the package with your book in it. The back cover is particularly lovely. I look forward to reading it Sam. Congrats.

apants said...

you accidentally sent me a notification on goodreads and I had forgotten you existed. Good job. Now I can die more inside. Thanks a lot, fuckwad.