12.4.13

THIS MOTHERFUCKER

this motherfucker still wants to talk.  i already said what i had to say.  couldn't find your email alex, and you didn't respond to my direct address in a comments section a while back.  but i'm telling you, shut the fuck up with your bullshit.  quit trying to get attention by shitting on my shit.  saying shit about my book on your fucking twitter like a fucking tool.  it's clear you dont truly give a fuck because otherwise you'd try to talk to me about it rather than try to shit on it.  just typical witch hunt shit, no communication just labeling.  no solutions just sides and ideology.  you tweeted that there are no positive depictions of black people in rontel.  then you list three negative ones (even though i just wrote shit down, didn't 'depict' anyone outside of how they did):  1.  murder suspect at bus stop (didn't state the race of this character you fucking idiot, also the main character wanted to kiss her.) 2. 'asshole at sandwich shop' (why is he an asshole, i liked that guy a lot, also, didn't mention his race you dumb fuck.  you think he's black because he uses slang) and 3. james toney (well, james toney is african american for sure, but....i transcribed that interview exactly as it happened, and also....how is it negative?  he beat an ATG heavyweight.  he's like, my favorite boxer.  james toney talks tons of shit, that's who he is).  i'm fucking serious man, and i know this seems extreme or funny or that i need to 'chill out' but i'm fine dude, just....seriously stop your shit because when i see you (and we'll meet up at some point i promise) i'm going to fuck you up badly.  quit provoking me to get bullshit web hits for your bullshit twitter you dumb fuck.  quit poking me.  if you want to talk to me, address me directly and show me respect.  do not fuck with me. write your own shit and stop talking about mine.  stop sensationalizing shit, i dont want attention for negative reasons.  especially not negative reasons made up by a thoughtless crumbsnatching fool like you. i'm serious man, you're making a huge mistake.  

update:  can anyone tell me why any of the people in the book seem 'negatively portrayed' outside of your own preconceptions about language.  like, for instance, alex, what do you find so negative about the characters aside from the way they talk (which is a racist thing to think you silly lil guy).  also, why dont you ever mention the other manners of speaking, like the chicago guy, or the maintenance man, or the people at the bee class.  alex, you're getting me so heated i almost like it.  feels sexual.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sammy. Never let this obstreperous (I learned a new word today, lol) attention whore get to you. Rontel was amazing. I just finished Person for the third time and it still makes me feel good about things. Greetings from Australia lolz (Doesn't matter where the fuck im from just thought it would be cool from your point of view to know that your work is appreciated down here)

sam pink said...

thanks for reading the book. this isn't getting to me, it would get to me if i didn't say anything. australia. just thought 'kostya tszyu' then 'junior welterweight'

Adam Gnade said...

It's weird that people are making such a big deal of this. I thought the book (and the other stuff I've read) handles race really well ... by y'know, not acknowledging it. I always liked how you don't say, "Then this black guy comes up and says..." or, like, "This Mexican girl came in the room..." You don't see that a lot. Everyone I read (almost everyone) mentions the race of the person if the race isn't their own. It's refreshing not to see that all the time. And it's a hard thing to do (to write without noting race). Also, the narrator is really compassionate to a lot of the characters. There's love and respect and longing when speaking of certain people, especially people he doesn't know. I like that too. "Negative perceptions" (or whatever they said) ... I don't see it. Don't take these dorks seriously. Or do. Squash that shit.

sam pink said...

yeah i think it's weird too. only reason im pissed is because he's starting static again. and again, doing so indirectly and without saying anything meaningful about the book. i dont mention anyone's race because it's not important (in the book). i feel angry because it's like even the small ways i feel loving or unified with people gets shit on by an asshole with an agenda. there's nothing negative in the book. it's the same shit as someone saying it's 'nihilistic.' just lazy half-thought ideas passed down and swallowed whole without any thought. i guess i'm just pissed because i worked hard on the book and somebody is trying to tell me it's hateful.

jereme said...

Just imagined Alex's eyes bulging wide at the computer screen then him yelling "DAAAAAAD! I CAN'T LEAVE HAWAII FOR A LONG TIME NOWWW."

sam pink said...

alex reads books where people aren't labelled by race then labels people by race then calls the author racist. i'm done talking about this shit anymore unless someone directly addresses me. this shit is a waste of time. it really bothers me that people want to make ugly claims about my books, but i can't let people who think that simply bother me. i apologize if i've involuntarily offended anyone but alex provoked me again, in a way that shows he only cares about 'web hits' or whatever stupid shit he cares about. if he cared about this, then he would've talked to me initially with the first review. but dont worry everyone, we can now get back to wasting time in other ways. and i can get back to being racist and misogynistic and whatever else anyone who hasn't met me thinks. chicago all day everyday.

jereme said...

"DAAAAAD, I THINK I CAN LEAVE HAWAII AGAIN."

Anonymous said...

http://jmch.tumblr.com/post/47935917360/when-will-the-sun-shine-through-the-shitstorm

Anonymous said...

http://jmch.tumblr.com/post/47935917360/when-will-the-sun-shine-through-the-shitstorm

sam pink said...

good shit.

DeWitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeWitt said...

I live in the south. It took me a long time to realize that not a lot of black people live in the rest of the US. Only in places like New York and Chicago, and even then there's not a lot of black people compared to where I live. So a lot of people can live their lives without knowing anything other than what they learned from the movies, books, or their one black friend.

I don't think people realize that black people learned english from southerners and that in the south there's no real distinction between our diction. You see this in other accents that are depicted as uneducated or unrefined (like the Indian accent is almost exactly like the Welsh accent). So when people talk about ebonics it hurts my feelings because where I'm from that's just an accent like anywhere else. It bothers me when people draw narrow-minded conclusions based off of TV tropes and use them judge the way people talk as if we should all sound like news casters.

I think people who have never seen real racism are the only ones who use the term racism like that. I'm not sure people realize that calling people or actions racist is much easier for white people than black people. You almost never hear the phrase unless it's one white person referring to another white person.

I just don't think you should have responded to this. I think it hurt your feelings, but almost no one was ever going to read that review. And talking about it more can only make you feel worse. It makes me feel terrible just writing a response. There are a lot better reasons to feel terrible than this.

DeWitt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeWitt said...

Also, why not. The other stereotype that bothers me is the fried chickens and collards thing. That's just southern food, guys. That's what we eat here. In fact, almost every non-physical trait labeled as "black" is also "southern white." Being lazy, liking cold, sugary drinks. Where I'm from that's absolutely everybody.

I mean, not that we are lazy. You try to put some get up in your step when it's 110 in the shade half the year.

Just, white people stop talking about racism. I plead to you. White people, let those who have actually been affected by racism tell you about racism.

You're like little kids talking about the economic recession. You've never paid for anything so you parrot what you think the adults say.

Alex, if you're reading this. just stop. just everybody stop. Sam stop. Even me, just stop. just walk away.

sam pink said...

this was all a ploy to sell books. alex is in on it. it was all a sham, the racism, the review, the boiled onions. dont you get it man? it's all a conspiracy. fucking corporations and big brother and the CIA and shit man. open your eyes man!!! this is the new world order. man is more machine than ever. dont you see!! oh lord dont you see!?? 9/11, george bush, osama bin laden, everything is a hologram man, c'mon!!!! the proof is in the pudding. the pudding is staring you down. my god man. you gotta take off the blinders and come back down to mother earth....she needs you man.

Anonymous said...

I hate to interrupt this circle jerk, but there is some "crazy shit" on the other side of this link.

http://shitstormrontel.tumblr.com/

Hugs and kisses,
Alex

barry said...

james toney is one of my fav fighters of all time. i cried a little when jr fucked his world up.

i wanna read your mcclellan v benn shit. are there any copies left...

sam pink said...

james toney is my favorite pure boxer/counter puncher in modern times. he's also in the holy three of shittalkers (mayorga/hopkins/james toney).